Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Day Dawns Brightly

It's a new year! Time to make plans.

First, I want to say, that I am addicted to the internet. Over the Holiday break, I thought I was going to go crazy without instant access. Terrible, I know…

Secondly, this friendly competition is going around Facebook right now.

Here is how it works:
1 - Go to wikipedia and hit random. The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to quotationspage.com and hit random. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your ...first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”. Third picture no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use photoshop or similar (picnik.com is a free online photo editor) to put it all together.

5 - Post it with this text in the "caption" and TAG the friends you want to join in.

WHAT FUN!!!

Then, I got to thinking. This semester I'm not going to be flexing my print design muscles as much. So, why not make this like a weekly blog post (without the tagging of friends part)?

I think it could be fun. As long as I remember to do it.

My goal is to do an album cover a week in

addition to any random blogging I may do.




We'll see how well this plays out.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only Shannonannon out there. Glad to see I'm not alone.

    Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete