Monday, March 7, 2011

Crushes Are Crushing

So, one of my other friends from my church group last year who I was really good friends with (an also had a pretty major crush on) moved away at the end of the school year. He now goes to VA Tech, and we miss him dearly every day.

Anywho, he was in town to visit for his first weekend of Spring Break, and I got it organized for everyone to eat out on Saturday night at his favorite restaurant. I really wish it hadn't been such a big crowd. I really wanted to just hang out with him. But, like I said, EVERYONE missed him, so EVERYONE showed up pretty much. Oh well, that's how it goes in the PSF family.

I knew he had to leave today to go back to VA. I was really surprised, however, that he called me and said he wanted to stop in to say goodbye. I knew this was special. I felt all fluttery inside, more than I should have though, of course. It did make me feel great to know that he thought enough of our friendship to be the last person in Auburn to see him before he left.

I wish he could have stayed, though. I wish I could have told him how I feel. I wish I could have said a lot of things. But I'm glad I didn't. I'm glad I didn't make the last few moments of his visit awkward. It's another one of those moments of me falling for someone I can't have, and not being able to change the situation. I'm not going to dwell on it though. I'm just gonna sit here and reminisce till the fluttering subsides. And then I'll go back to my normal everyday moping.

Thanks for being here, blog, so I can sit and fiddle sad songs for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment