Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New School Year, New Adventures… Same Old Drama, Same Old Me

So, we're almost 1 month into the new school year! WAR EAGLE!!! There's not much to say. I love being back here in Auburn, with all my friends, participating in church, and doing design. I also love the independence of having an apartment, even if it does have a few problems.

Classes are going well! I love my Alabama history teacher— such a good ol' boy. And Español is fun! I find it easy. Photography is going to be challenging, and GDES is good as always, but I wish our professor would just shut up and let us work…

…Back to the purpose of this blog:

There's such a fresh feeling to a new year. New hopes, plans, things to do… but now that the initial shock and excitement have worn off, where do we go from here? Do you push yourself to follow all those high hopes of Summertime Daydreaming, or do you fall into the old routines? Do you go out and make something happen or wait for it to come to you?

…I seem to have fallen into the latter category. There's so much that I had hoped would have happened by now, for the good and the bad things in my life:
1. I wanted so much to have lost weight this summer by exercising daily and eating right.

Didn't happen.

2. I wanted to truly believe that I was over You-Know-Who.

I've discovered now I'm not. Even though I know this desire is futile and nothing's ever going to come of it. Even if it's really permanently over between him and the semi-ex-girlfriend. Got back in town and all the old feelings came rolling back.

3. I wanted to travel this summer.

The farthest I got was 2 hours from my hometown.

There's other stuff, too, that happened or didn't happen, but it's all really very trivial. AS A MATTER OF FACT, this is all very trivial. I wish I was good at blogging about something other than myself. Maybe I need to start blogging along a theme, or blog about my designs, or something. I don't know.

Maybe I'll think of something. Maybe I'll start blogging en español! ¿Muy interesante, no? lol No.

Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment