Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Photography

I'm having to take photography as one of my fine art credits. I thought I'd really like it, and was initially really excited. I thought I'd really enjoy it. I knew that I'd never before taken a good quality picture, and I wanted to know how.
We're doing the traditional darkroom photography processing… and it turns out I totally don't have the skill or patience to do photography.
It's a lot of memorizing and repeating the same stuff over and over. I totally get confused with all the camera settings and I don't take the time to stage a print every time. Also, I don't want to waste film, so I'm more likely to settle for less-than-perfect (or even good) than most people. I also don't want to waste paper, so I don't take the time to perfect my prints. Either way, I'm not making good pictures because I'm afraid to and too lazy to try.
I wish I was more motivated because I still have an interest in it, but I just don't like this class. There's too many people in too small a space and too much work in too little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment